- As soon as its 3pm on a Friday of a long weekend, you’re checked out, actually you’re checked out within 2 hours of getting into the office. We’ve all been there, you just do your work looking at the clock every hour ( just make sure you beat traffic, like everyone else is…)
- plan or no plan, it’s a plan- the official– official first long weekend of the summer (next to may long weekend) and whether you have big plans, or no ‘plans’ you still have a plan, because guess what? relaxing and taking time for yourself is a plan- a very good one at that.
- load up on everything- wherever you are going- if you are travelling travel like there’s going to be a disaster (don’t pack lightly) bring extra food, beer, clothes, sun tan lotion, bug spray, a book- whatever makes you happy:)
- The 3 R’s : Rest, Relax and Refuel: whether you are working, or busy at the house finishing up the renovations or gardening you deserve some time off. Use this time to do that! Sometimes, especially in today’s society, too many of us rush to get things done to look forward to the next time we get to do nothing before we rush to do something else or the same routine. When will we rest? When will we ‘do the now’? When will we not look at your devices? It’s a hard concept sometimes, but we must try.
- Pictures say 2 words: Moments & Memories. Don’t just Instagram things, actually take photos of your events, even if you’re just out for a walk- don’t let this get away. capture the moment.
- Oh, ya and have fun!
I remember when I was younger my family and I would ALWAYS go down to watch fireworks and listen to live music, it was a great past time of ours.
What are you doing to celebrate Canada Day?
Well, that’s all. I hope you all have a great long weekend whatever you do and Happy Canada Day!